How to Use a Mortar and Pestle
Step 2: Pesto
Add basil, lemon juice, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and salt to mortar. Grind ingredients until paste forms. Add olive oil and firmly continue to put pressure on pestle to pound the herbs and combine all ingredients. Stir until desired consistency.
Get our latest tips in your inbox
Latest Tweets From The Pros
- Sabrina Soto : Living Room Makeover: Sabrina Soto Combines His-and-Her Styles Into One Awesome Space http://t.co/FSU3kq0m42 via @HomeSessive
- Sabrina Soto : Rainy day = @NespressoUSA http://t.co/fjp2CoUZKv
- Marc Forgione: Second bfast in napa. Everything on a wood burning grill! #mightmovehere http://t.co/ZLl49GRyWe
- Sabrina Soto : We didn't take any pics! RT @bobbyberk: @real_genevieve @CarrinoAnthony @sabrinasoto @designmilk so great having you all at my place tonight
- Sabrina Soto : ❤ RT @designmilk: Woot! @bobbyberk: @real_genevieve @CarrinoAnthony @sabrinasoto @designmilk so great having you all at my place tonight.