How to Use a Mortar and Pestle
Step 1: Dry Rub
Combine assorted seeds into the mortar. Using the Pestle, put pressure onto the seeds to break them up. Continue the pressure and use the pestle to grind the mixture. Once the seeds have been ground to a fine powder, mix with a teaspoon of sugar or a half teaspoon salt. Use as a dry rub placing the mixture directly onto the protein.
Get our latest tips in your inbox
Latest Tweets From The Pros
- Sabrina Soto : RT @AnsonGilbert: Just wrapped our final @GMC #tradesecret shoot w/ @AOL, @SabrinaSoto, @NissaWorks @TheLauraKoski. http://t.co/tigmeRd2t1
- Sabrina Soto : NP! High Low shoots again aug/13! RT @CrysRRich: @sabrinasoto I want to make a video for your new season but don't close on house til June.
- Marc Forgione: Quinault Salmon, Braised Turnip, Peas @ Restaurant Marc Forgione http://t.co/wxpOKp0zCg
- Sabrina Soto : great shoot! @aol @GMCTradeSecrets RT @AnsonGilbert: Whistle while you work. #SetLife w/ @SabrinaSoto @TheLauraKoski. http://t.co/5fCJpjeewZ
- Sabrina Soto : Thanks! It's gonna be good! RT @NikNoble: @sabrinasoto I'm so glad that you are a new judge on the show. Congratulations! #HGTV #Designstar