Basic Knife Cuts
Julienne strips resemble small matchsticks and are typically 1/16 x 1/16 x 1 to 2 inches long or 1/8 x 1/8 x 1 to 2 inches long.
To cut julienne strips, first cut the vegetable into 1/16 or 1/8-inch-thick slices, then stack the slices and cut them into 1/16 or 1/8-inch-wide strips that are of the desired length.Read the full post →
Get our latest tips in your inbox
Latest Tweets From The Pros
- Marc Forgione: Breakfast in napa from my parents stone fruit trees #goodstuff http://t.co/2G0bQHOtTn
- Sabrina Soto : Workouts of the World's Busiest Women : http://t.co/buYSnqrbMO @Shape_Magazine
- Marc Forgione: Batch 22, Mezcal shrimp for an amuse tonight @ Restaurant Marc Forgione http://t.co/PLk42B1ay3
- Sabrina Soto : Fantastic meeting you!xo @aartipaarti: @sabrinasoto So nice to meet you the other day. You are as sweet in person as you are on screen. #gem
- Sabrina Soto : Thank you! Took a while, but it was worth it! RT @rodbobe: @sabrinasoto That rug made from carpet tiles is amazing.